Bionic Buddha is a website dedicated to content for multimedia devices. The Victory5 TV network headlines shows such as 'Distortions' (an anecdotal music trivia show), 'Mostly Weird News' (odd but weird news stories from around the world), 'Rewired'(unique website reviews), films shorts and more. These shows are typically under 3 minutes in length and customized for your PDA, mobile, cell, ipod or home fun viewing.


Get my banner code or create your own banner
Get my banner code or create your own banner

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Animal Attraction


The other day I was involved in an engaging "battle of wits" in the form of a team trivia contest. When asked how we performed, I would prefer to dodge the question like a skillful defense attorney or seasoned politician might. Let me just say that our team may not have won "the war of the propeller heads", but we would have kicked some @#^ in a tournament of "rock, paper, scissors".

After being humiliated, we consoled ourselves at a public drinking establishment (at least then our shody performance in intellectual concerns could be rationalized). We decided that we were not so dumb, in fact it was the questions that were dumb. Here is an example:

Q. What does a crocodile or alligator swallow to help it do dive deep and stay underwater?

A. Steve Irwin....(ouch, bad joke) - even I thought that it was in poor taste

The real answer was stones. I have eaten some strange things in my time (I even licked a cactus once, because I lost a bet); but I would never consider eating a stone. I suppose diamond smugglers or drug dealers have been known to ingest the "odd bag" of rocks; however I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of any transaction involved in that sort of nonsense.

Here are some other strange animal trivia facts (please feel free to add your own in the comments):

1) 1,200-pound horse eats about seven times it's own weight each year...maybe it's time to call Jenny Craig.

2) A bird requires more food in proportion to its size than a baby or a cat.

3) A capon is a castrated rooster. Ouch! Cock-a-doodle-do to you!

4) A chameleon can move its eyes in two directions at the same time. Don't try this at home.

5) A chimpanzee can learn to recognize itself in a mirror, but monkeys can't. But the monkey can get ready to go out in 20 minutes where the chimpanzee usually takes hours (just on the hair).

6) A cow gives nearly 200,000 glasses of milk in her lifetime. I wonder how much ice cream that would be?

7) A female mackerel lays about 500,000 eggs at one time...And those eggs don't come "hard boiled" either!

8)A polecat is not even a cat; it is a nocturnal European weasel...And here I thought it was a European topless dancer.

9)A woodpecker can peck twenty times a second...That beats Peter Piper, anyday!

10)A zebra is white with black stripes.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What soap company is under investigation for cruelty to elephants?

Answer: Ivory Soap

Get it? ha ha

8:03 PM

 
Blogger stereofish said...

I thought a Zebra was black with WHITE stripes and I don't mean that to be funny.

8:49 PM

 
Blogger ZZZZZZZ said...

Wow, those are some pretty bizzare things. At least you had shots to console you!

9:46 PM

 
Blogger Foofa said...

And a tiger has striped skin not just striped fur. That one always freaked me out.

9:34 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Someone once told me that all species of pheasant are of Asian origin...although you will have a tough time convincing me that the Wild Turkeys that I bring home are really a Chinese / Mongolian ringneck cross!

9:21 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Listed on BlogShares