Bionic Buddha is a website dedicated to content for multimedia devices. The Victory5 TV network headlines shows such as 'Distortions' (an anecdotal music trivia show), 'Mostly Weird News' (odd but weird news stories from around the world), 'Rewired'(unique website reviews), films shorts and more. These shows are typically under 3 minutes in length and customized for your PDA, mobile, cell, ipod or home fun viewing.


Get my banner code or create your own banner
Get my banner code or create your own banner

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Tamara Hoover: Don't Mess With Texas

In a classic "school teacher vs. schoolboard" battle for the rights to private life outside of the classroom, Tamara Hoover has been "stripped of her duties" (pardon the pun).

The Texas teacher has lost her job for nude photos posted online. She claims artistic privilege. The school district saw things differently, saying the photos violated a "higher moral standard" expected for public school teachers.

I'm not sure what to think of this, but I am so glad that we didn't have to worry about this happening back in the days of "Welcome Back Kotter". I shudder to think of what poor Horshack, Vinnie Barbarino, and Freddie "Boom Boom" Washington would have done if they had witnessed nude photos of Mr. Kotter.

It is funny to think that the school where Ms. Hoover used to teach was the former school of the Bush twins. An interesting setting, from which to launch a challenge to Texas' morally conservative majority.

...And from "Bushes" to trees, check out the latest edition of Rewired, where Professor Brown tackles some of the great sites in the "blogosphere".

10 Comments:

Blogger stereofish said...

Why does Professor B wear all those terrible hats?

8:38 PM

 
Blogger Milo said...

The very phrase "Moral Majority" always makes me cringe. Like Orwell's references to the Ministries of Truth, Peace, and Love. The irony makes my eyes water.

7:28 AM

 
Blogger Nicki said...

I don't know how I feel about that. Personally, I don't WANT any nude photos of me on the internet and can't understand why people do that, but it IS her life.

4:10 PM

 
Blogger High Power Rocketry said...

Hi, I always love the page thanks!

3:14 PM

 
Blogger Gina said...

Nice blog...Glad you stopped ´by...I WILL be back!
Gina

12:57 PM

 
Blogger essa said...

Maybe Professor B is bald... or hiding some sort of skin condition. I wear horrible clothes; they can be a great conversation speech. I'm slightly sick of Texans "bigger and badder than everything" attitude.

11:02 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Professor Brown on Rewired may be a pervert that has a hat fetish. Watch out for them quiet ones, they always have the most skeletons in their closet. I loved that big pink furry hat he wore on that viewer mail episode..I think it had celebrity boxing on it too. My favorite episode thus far.

11:27 PM

 
Blogger Argrow Images said...

Professor B. the coolest
professor in the world ! :o)

4:22 AM

 
Blogger fifipoo07 said...

Thanx for the comment on my blog. I laughed at the image about the seal. v v apt. Go Ukraine is what I say. Pippa

10:14 AM

 
Blogger Chus said...

This is what I think: Tamara Hoover. There are some photos here: Tamara Hover's Photos.

3:26 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Listed on BlogShares