Bionic Buddha is a website dedicated to content for multimedia devices. The Victory5 TV network headlines shows such as 'Distortions' (an anecdotal music trivia show), 'Mostly Weird News' (odd but weird news stories from around the world), 'Rewired'(unique website reviews), films shorts and more. These shows are typically under 3 minutes in length and customized for your PDA, mobile, cell, ipod or home fun viewing.


Get my banner code or create your own banner
Get my banner code or create your own banner

Friday, August 18, 2006

TP - Title Plot


There are a rare few titles that can sum up an entire movie in one sentence - the "Title-Plot" movies (yes, we made it up or 'coined it' if you will) or "T.P." for short (I am aware of the other acronym which is quite appropriate for these types of movies).

"Snakes on a Plane" did just that. There is no underlying message, there is no subplot or subtext that you have to see the movie to understand. You just need the T.P.

Cheers to the people at New Line Cinema graphics department (thanks Sherry Wilchowski!) for giving BB a shout out on the "SOAP" poster; hidden in the scales of the snakes. Clever boys & girls there are New Line...

15 Comments:

Blogger Gyula said...

A big hello from Hungary! Great blog you have! Thanx for the visit and comment on my page.
Have a nice weekend!

10:54 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't like snakes and I don't like flying...why the hell would I like snakes on a plane?

Now if it were snacks on a plane, we could be in business!

12:01 PM

 
Blogger Rodia said...

:-)

2:52 PM

 
Blogger Omar said...

SoaP isn't exactly my cup of tea, hell, going to the theater isn't exactly my cuppa, but I will be going to see the flick in a week or so once the initial mania dies down a bit.

4:51 PM

 
Blogger Susan Jones said...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Love snakes, love planes, love great titles!

9:22 AM

 
Blogger Nicki said...

The whole movie seems cockamamie to me. I'd rather crash than have to deal with those, those, things. And I used to have a pet snake.

5:34 PM

 
Blogger Vengelyne said...

Ok... you're the 2nd person in blogger that seems to be fascinated with this movie. I really gotta go catch it when it gets released (if it ever reaches our shore, that is) although the radio says - B Grade film... hmm...

9:15 PM

 
Blogger FreeCyprus said...

The movie is so bad...it's good.

Like "Plan 9 From Outta Space", a bad B-Movie that just has to be seen

8:41 PM

 
Blogger Dear AL said...

Vengelyne, Noooooooo!!!!! If you go see that movie, then I have to see it! Dammit!

Hey BionicBuddha! That's one movie I'm gona try not to see in this life!

1:16 AM

 
Blogger María José Reche said...

querido bionic buddha,
no es lo mismo "tener los huevos" que "tener huevos"...así que especifica... un beso y gracias por entrar en mi blog!

1:26 AM

 
Blogger High Power Rocketry said...

Has anyone seen this film?

8:31 AM

 
Blogger stereofish said...

I loved Snakes on a plane..it was really bad but fun cinema..the audience participation was amazing...cheering, laughing, hissing..I heard that it has been a universal phenomenon everwhere.

10:11 AM

 
Blogger Chelsea said...

for some strange reason I have a very strong desire to see this movie... but then again, I am fond of all things cheesy and I am sure this will fit the bill!

2:15 PM

 
Blogger Cergie said...

Coucou, Bionic Budha.
This is the symbol of medecine in France.
The caduceus of the god Mercury.
Cool...

1:06 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » » »

9:34 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Listed on BlogShares