Bionic Buddha is a website dedicated to content for multimedia devices. The Victory5 TV network headlines shows such as 'Distortions' (an anecdotal music trivia show), 'Mostly Weird News' (odd but weird news stories from around the world), 'Rewired'(unique website reviews), films shorts and more. These shows are typically under 3 minutes in length and customized for your PDA, mobile, cell, ipod or home fun viewing.


Get my banner code or create your own banner
Get my banner code or create your own banner

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Waiter, there's a fly in my soup

Since rat hair and insects in the processed food we eat is pretty much inevitable, The American Food and Drug Administration was required to determine how much crap was too much. Here are some standards fit for for human consumption:
1. In canned spinach: 2 or more caterpillars whose lenth is not more than 24 mm per 24 pounds of spinach.
2. In canned tomatoes: 2 or more maggots or 10 or more fly eggs in 500 grams
3. In ginger: 3 or more milligrams of mamal feces per pound
4. In ground oregano: 1,250 or more insect parts in 10 grams
5. In pasta products: 225 insect parts in more than 225 grams
I will add one last item to close things up…wheat…9 milligrams of rat feces in a kilogram. I was going comment on how half the cereals out there tast like s*#t, but that would be a bit too easy now, wouldn’t it? Somehow the “revelations” in the film, Supersize Me don’t seem so bad any more.
Peace.

12 Comments:

Blogger stereofish said...

You can't eat in restaurants because you never know what someone is doing to your food...now, I have to hesitate getting food from grocery stores...well aside from that whole e coli break out.

6:47 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've eaten worse.

10:48 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once I was eating an egg salad sandwich in a restaurant and I bit into something hard and it turned out to be a huge fingernail!!

Now, after reading this blog, I'm worried that I'm going to crack open an egg and find something worse...but then again, eggs are kind of gross to begin with....

11:17 AM

 
Blogger mist1 said...

Maybe I'll skip lunch today.

Oh, and eggs are really gross.

11:39 AM

 
Blogger High Power Rocketry said...

These are all pretty shocking.

5:59 PM

 
Blogger ZZZZZZZ said...

ewwww. That's fuckin nasty! Maybe I'll just grow my own food in my backyard.... ewwww!

8:21 PM

 
Blogger deejinator said...

Mmmmmm...sign me up for that chow line. I always wondered what made my granola crunchy.

Deej

5:37 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got a sandwich from this palce and there was a live wiggly caterpiller in the lettuce. I didn't bite the sandwich but noticed it as i was bringing it to my mouth. When I went back and told the place they said their lettuce was so fresh that caterpillers sometimes were in it. I can now see that it is considered ok.

5:11 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now I'm very glad I've been fasting all month. I think I'll start growing my own food from now on... then again them bugs can be tasty

8:31 AM

 
Blogger Carrie™ said...

Holy crap! (no reference to Suri Cruise intended)Feces in my ginger? What next?

3:08 PM

 
Blogger Chelsea said...

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

10:56 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, GROSS! I'm glad I don't eat too much processed food...but wheat? Feces? Oh MAN! Eck!

3:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Listed on BlogShares