Bionic Buddha is a website dedicated to content for multimedia devices. The Victory5 TV network headlines shows such as 'Distortions' (an anecdotal music trivia show), 'Mostly Weird News' (odd but weird news stories from around the world), 'Rewired'(unique website reviews), films shorts and more. These shows are typically under 3 minutes in length and customized for your PDA, mobile, cell, ipod or home fun viewing.


Get my banner code or create your own banner
Get my banner code or create your own banner

Friday, June 30, 2006

World Cup Soccer - winners and losers


I don't know. Maybe it is just me, but I really don't like watching World Cup Soccer when it is the shoot-outs. Why can't there be two winners? I guess what it really comes down to is that like with any sport, I really don't have a vested interest in the teams - one winning is the same as the other in my eyes. I have often had talks with people that are fanatical about sports - ones that have followed teams their whole lives and even get into fisticuffs over them. I asked them one simple question 'if your teams wins, do you get any of the financial benefits afforded to them?'. The answer is always guffaws and 'you just don't get sports'. Maybe that is true. Maybe I don't get it. I don't get the sports commentators that break down a sport that they themselves have never played at any high level. Critical judgements of 'calls' and 'plays' for sports commentators are as easy as falling down. It doesn't matter if they are right or wrong. If they are right, they continue with their 'I told you so attitude' - if they are wrong, you will never know it. But I digress. The World Cup is nearing the end and today when I watched Argentina and Germany in the shoot-outs, I really didn't care who won, but I sure was sad that one had to lose.

8 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

I can get with the "foot"ball thing because there is no use of hands...but I can't get past winning on penalties. That sucks!

2:15 PM

 
Blogger Irzan said...

hey there ;) thanks for visiting :) but i don't find your blog is a "personal" blog instead it comments on a wide range of issue.

i prefer to make connections with personal blog :D

no hard feelings mkay.

5:10 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can relate to what you're saying. I don't so much enjoy watching sports as much as I'd rather play them. I have played soccer, played it for quite a few years and enjoyed it greatly. When it comes to winning or losing, it matters more when you actually play the sport. If you're only watching I agree, it matters not to me who wins or loses.

5:36 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HOW CAN U NOT CARE WHO WINS OR LOSES?!?!?!?!?!?

6:35 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HOW CAN U NOT CARE WHO WINS OR LOSES?!?!?!?!?!?

thx 4 vistin my blog

6:36 PM

 
Blogger Gloria said...

Well I totally get what you are saying being a non-football fan except only during the World Cup. I must say I weeped for Germany :-( I could not help but pity anyone who looses since they do put so much efforts on it. Okay and as a woman seeing men crying on the pitch over their game loss, I could not help but feel the sadness with them oooooohhhhh

3:18 AM

 
Blogger Santiago Mansilla said...

REALLY SAD FOR ME........ I´M ARGENTINEAN.

5:14 PM

 
Blogger Tony Butson said...

Winning or losing, playing or watching, football is the beautiful game. But that’s it, it’s just a game, tribal maybe but better we play or watch than kill each other.
How to finish, might that not depend if it's the finish? World cup football is a tournament of over 200 countries during 2 years of qualifiers to conclude in one game; tragic that this should end with simple kicks at goal. Arguable fine during the tournament when time restraints impose, but when it reaches the finally where after, ninety minutes plus and then a further thirty minutes plus of extra time twenty-two players are unable to be victors and there is nowhere to go but celebrate or commiserate a more just end should be concocted. I don't mind the idea of shared victors (alien to me for I have played football from childhood and still do to this day) it seems more honourable than the hollow win of Italy’s. I have a preference for the golden goal where you play on until someone scores a goal, hence golden goal. Thank you for this opportunity, be safe.

7:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Listed on BlogShares