Bionic Buddha is a website dedicated to content for multimedia devices. The Victory5 TV network headlines shows such as 'Distortions' (an anecdotal music trivia show), 'Mostly Weird News' (odd but weird news stories from around the world), 'Rewired'(unique website reviews), films shorts and more. These shows are typically under 3 minutes in length and customized for your PDA, mobile, cell, ipod or home fun viewing.


Get my banner code or create your own banner
Get my banner code or create your own banner

Thursday, October 19, 2006

I'm not saying we're bigger than Jesus, or better than Jesus...

So here are some little known facts about the Buddha. There are several people that play an integral role in the development and hosting of our television shows on our main site www.bionicbuddha.com. Here is a summary of our ecclectic and combined historic backgrounds: personal fitness trainer, game show developer, magazine publicist, teacher, military historian, syndicated comic strip cartoonist, bar owner, government tax auditor, financial broker, government investigator and telecommunications representative.
Me, I am a government investigator, outside making internet based television shows for multimedia devices. Sorry about the vague description regarding "what type of investigator specifically", however as I am still employed in this particular field I did not want to get too descriptive about my role. I wanted to tell you about a particularly interesting investigation, well the investigation wasn’t that interesting but the person involved as a witness was fascinating. I went into the home of this 80 year old Croatian grandmother that spoke with broken English. She had a room that was a shrine dedicated to Jesus and other Catholic iconography. At the top of a wall decorated with multiple pictures of Jesus was a single picture of Elvis. I asked her, “Why do you have a picture of Elvis above all the pictures of Jesus?”. The Croatian grandmother replied, “I love Jesus, but I love Elvis even more”. God bless.

Peace.


9 Comments:

Blogger mist1 said...

My sister and Elvis share a birthday. Elvis died on my birthday. Creepy, huh?

10:07 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds like a cool grandma! When I was a teenager and I would go visit my Hungarian grandmother, I felt guilty because her house was decorated with religious pictures and statues and I remember thinking that I liked "Tears for Fears" more than Jesus.

11:01 AM

 
Blogger ZZZZZZZ said...

That is super! hehe My grandmother is a HUGE Elvis fan. I bet she has something like that somewhere in her house... I'll have to search next time I'm over there!

2:48 PM

 
Blogger Chelsea said...

Sounds like a very interesting job, Buddha... that's the one thing I love about my job - the opportunity to meet very interesting people.

3:17 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merci pour ton commentaire ! Superbe blog !

6:56 AM

 
Blogger The Flip Flop Girl said...

Well, I don't have a Hungarian grandmother but there are Elvis fans in my family. How can you not love Elvis?

11:16 PM

 
Blogger Carrie™ said...

The King and The King. Now, you must tell....was it a velvet painting of Elvis?

1:15 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol I think I'd like this women.

I saw a shrine in a relatives house in India and they had all the Hindu good and jesus and I asked him, why jesus was there, he replied 'Just in Case'.

3:30 AM

 
Blogger Ziomal said...

Very nice! I like it. toyota hybrid car

4:34 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Listed on BlogShares