Bionic Buddha is a website dedicated to content for multimedia devices. The Victory5 TV network headlines shows such as 'Distortions' (an anecdotal music trivia show), 'Mostly Weird News' (odd but weird news stories from around the world), 'Rewired'(unique website reviews), films shorts and more. These shows are typically under 3 minutes in length and customized for your PDA, mobile, cell, ipod or home fun viewing.


Get my banner code or create your own banner
Get my banner code or create your own banner

Monday, October 23, 2006

Get the funk out

Well, this recommendation comes about a decade too late, but I don’t suppose anyone has heard of the show, Funky Squad? It was a 70’s cop parody from Australia that aired in 1995. Borrowing a bit from the Mod Squad, the team of Funky Squad were sexy, young and hip undercover cops, so cool that they were able to pass undetected among kids on the street. You dig? Grant was the suave group leader, Cassie the brains and beauty…rowr, Stix the kick-some-ass hero with the Afro haircut, and Poncho was a brainy, mute with electronics savvy (he lost his tongue stopping a bullet with his mouth). Of course, they all answered to the Chief, an intense and dramatic senior officer. Flares, tank-tops, paisley shirts, tasselled waistcoats, disco hairdos and all the other elements of early 1970s fashions were exploited to absurdity. If you can find it on the net, I highly recommend checking it out, you’ll laugh your ass off. Steve Irwin, rest in peace.

6 Comments:

Blogger mist1 said...

Funky who?

Gotta Google it.

2:09 AM

 
Blogger stereofish said...

I remember the Funky Squad..it was amazing..I think it only lasted one season...Here in Toronto they were playing it at midnight...never made prime time...I remember my friends and I laughing our asses off.

6:31 AM

 
Blogger Chelsea said...

Never heard of it before, but I'm going to have to find it now!

12:49 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stix in a word...dangerous

2:46 PM

 
Blogger ZZZZZZZ said...

haha Funky Squad. thats funny.

3:09 PM

 
Blogger Smoke said...

Hi... I just fell in here through Google. Please excuse the linkspam, but feel free to check out the Funky Squad Episode Guide I put together a while agowhen I was on a major Funky Squad kick. Great show and unfairly forgotten. It's not as good as DVD release would be, but it'll do!

4:13 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Listed on BlogShares